Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

4 common myths about calcium diet

4 common myths about calcium
I am going to explain these common myths about calcium diets. I have heard them repeatedly. My clients say that in taking calcium cause weight gain. So please let me explain these rumors.

• Calcium causes weight gain
• Calcium cause heart diseases
• Calcium supplements are enough
• Calcium will cause acne

Calcium causes weight gain
Here is the simple formula to gain weight. Eat more than your requirements. So, if you are eating more calories than you need, you are going to gain weight.

Milk and dairy products provide us with protein, calcium, vitamins A, D, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc.

We need all these elements into our diet. They are essential for our body growth. While milk is not the only source for calcium, milk will provide you with all of these vitamins.

In addition to milk, add salads, green vegetables, buts, peanuts, almonds and seafood into your diet plan.

To fulfill our calcium needs we need 1 cup of milk daily along with above-mentioned foods. I take 1 mug of milk daily because I like milk and I know my diet plan.

I have a perfect body figure and I know if I am taking 1 glass of milk, I should take only 4 to 5 nuts, Not more than that.

Calcium causes heart diseases

We need calcium for our healthy bones. Our bones get slimmer as we are ageing. Good mixture of essential nutrients, fatty acids, magnesium, and vegetables are required for healthy bones.

If your diet is high in saturated foods, it will definitely cause heart disease.
I have heard this statement many times:

“Do not take calcium. It will cause heart attacks because fats will block heart valves and arteries. “
Answer is in their statement.

You should consume low fat dairy foods. Remove the cream from the milk and drink it. You have removed the major source of saturated fats from the milk.

In this way, you will receive nutritional benefits of dairy food without fats.
Raw cheese is a good bone building and cardio protective food. It is easily available in the market. If you have time, you can make cheese at home.

Calcium supplements are enough
First, I do not recommend calcium supplements. Try natural supplements like milk, yogurt, fish and vegetables.

If you are taking calcium supplements, do not assume that you are taking enough calcium. You need 1200 mg calcium dose per day.

Moreover, calcium supplements will not give you other necessary minerals and vitamins. I do not like calcium supplements because I like milk and supplements are not tasty like a milk dessert.

Have you ever taken frozen milk?
Try it! It is a nice dessert.
Calcium supplements are not enough. Do consult your doctor before making any kind of health decision.

Calcium causes acne
Well friends

This is a rare case. I do not know about your skin conditions. But it doesn’t make sense to me. Calcium cannot cause acne.

If your skin is oily, you should not take too much fat.
In scientific terms, I cannot see any link between acne and calcium. If you are using
yogurt, honey or milk cream for facial purposes, stop using them and consult your doctor.

May be your skin is not ready for such materials. Before you buy any beauty product, make sure it is tested and it is suitable for your skin conditions.

We all need calcium Friends Calcium is necessary for a strong and a healthy life. It is essential for your bones. It will prevent osteoporosis.

If you are not taking enough calcium, your body will take calcium from your bones and the results are not good.

Take care and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment